Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Twilight As a Theme?

I came across someone that wanted to do a wedding themed around twilight. Freaked me out a bit to tell you the truth, not because of the goth undertone, but that someone could be so crazed about something like a movie or book to theme their wedding around it. To each's own though and I don't judge anyone. So after reading this and the fact that she has no idea how to design it, I thought about it for a while and came up with a great theme whether you want to call it Twilight or not! I have only seen the movie and have never read the book, so I thought of what I could from what I have seen. So here are some important details that should be touched on;
Apples
Sparkle
Dark/Gothic
Red/Black/ White
Satin
Chess Pieces
Trees/Woods

Don't necessarily need to touch on them all to get your point across.

Here is a bridal canvas of everything I will be talking about.


Twilight Theme by SundayMorning


From top left clockwise:

I saw these little rose globes and they looked just like apples!

Guys attire suits/tuxes black shirts black and red ties

Maggie Sottero dress

King and Queen chess pieces sold as favors but works as the bride and groom on the cake too.

Gold highlights on the tables and loose crystals on the table. You can find these candle holders HERE

The cake is the same one the author used at the release of the forth book

Red Mosaic bowl that would look beautiful filled with water and floating candles as centerpieces, you can find it at our shop

Next 2 pics are table pics. Black tablecloths and chair covers with red satin sashes.

Great pieces of eye candy for the sides or corners of the room with willow and red apples

Lastly candy apples would work for favors or part of a candy apple bar.

That's what I have so far. Let me know what you think and if you have some ideas throw them in :-)