Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 3

Good Morning! Today is day 3, and yesterdays work out kicked my butt. As much as I don't feel that sore today, I barely made it through the workout and I passed out at 5 for a few hours. But because of that I know its going to work, since I use to only use the Wii fitness and I never felt that I couldn't finish a workout. Today I will be doing it again.

Its suppose to be beautiful here today with temps in the high 60's, so hopefully I will have enough time to clean off my decks and gett ready for this weekends complete overhaul of the yard.

So todays menu consists of the same for breakfast and lunch, but dinner will be one of my specialties.... Shrimp Quesadillas! Its a recipe I found from Rachael Ray but modified to make it better for me.

Ingredients
1 cup of chopped red onion
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Light (enough to coat pan and griddle)
1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Salt and Pepper
2 table spoons of lime juice
1/4 cup of parsley
8 large flour tortillas
1 cup of skim mozzarella shredded
1 cup of skim Mexican blend shredded cheese
1 cup frozen corn kernels
2 avocados, chopped


Preparation
1. In a pan cook onion in 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes. Let mixture cool and toss with lime juice and parsley.

2. Place tortilla on work surface and sprinkle with 1/4 cups of combined Mozzarella and Mexican cheese. Top with 1/4 cup of corn, enough of the shrimp mixture to cover the cheese and corn. Season with salt and pepper and set another tortilla on top. Repeat with remaining tortillas.

3. On a griddle put enough olive oil (lightly) and lightly brush both side of the Quesadillas with it. Add Quesadillas to pan and cook turning once, until crisp. Repeat with the remaining Quesadillas. Let cool and cut into wedges.

4. (For Guacamole) In another bowl combine the rest of the onion and shrimp mixture with the sliced avocados. Toss with 1/2 tablespoon of lime juice and parsley. Season with salt, pepper and cumin to taste. Chop and mush to desired texture.
(For Salad) In another bowl combined a sliced red onion and slice avocados with 1/2 tablespoon of lime juice. Season with salt, pepper and cumin to taste.