Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 4

So this week doesn't look like I am loosing anything. I actually gained a pound! It might actually by some muscle because my arms look huge but I feel like I am loosing weight. Hopefully the long term results will matter rather then the short term. Otherwise I will have to turn to using a diet pill too, since they always worked really well for me in the past. I decided to do it naturally this time because of all the problems that where happening with the pills. Literally every one I ever used and worked they took it off the market because it was killing people. I went on Hydroxycut a few time and it always worked but the last time I took it over a year ago I was doubled over in pain for 2 weeks. Then they recalled them. Recently I tried Zantrex3 and I had trouble breathing and sleeping so after those 2 experiences I was scared a bit.


But I will push on. I am very excited about dinner tonight. Its the first time I will be making lasagna and this diet recipe looked sooooo good and pretty easy to make. I went out shopping today for the ingredients and forgot the major ones, ricotta, spinach, and a baking pan. But wound up with Edys Real Fruit Bar's in grape. I ate them a lot last summer and they are really good and refreshing. They come in all different types of flavors and they are all pretty good, so try them if you haven't.

It will be raining for the next few days so my husband will most likely be home bugging me for food every 5 minutes. I might be making some breakfast and lunch dishes also. I will post the ones I use the following day, its hard to plan for days like these. Maybe an egg in the hole that I saw on here, that I thought was suppose to be horrible for you with all the butter, but I guess since I use smart balance its ok.

Sorry I wrote so much (guess I was in the talking mood), but I am done now. I am having a bowl of corn flakes for breakfast, and a chicken wrap for lunch. The chicken wrap is just cut up skinless chicken breast, lettuce, tomato, and some fat free honey mustard. Basically my salad in a wrap. Below is the recipe (found on Meals Matter) for the lasagna, I will be making the veggie one with out the turkey sausage.

Ingredients

8 ounces Lasagna noodles, preferably whole-wheat

1 pound Lean spicy Italian turkey sausage, casings removed (see Variation)

4 cups Sliced mushrooms (10 ounces)

1/4 cup Water

1 pound Frozen spinach, thawed

1 28-ounce Can crushed tomatoes, preferably chunky

1/4 cup Chopped fresh basil

Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste

1 pound Part-skim ricotta cheese (2 cups)

8 ounces Part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 2 cups), divided

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Put a large pot of water on to boil.

2. Cook noodles in the boiling water until not quite al dente, about 2 minutes less than the package directions. Drain; return the noodles to the pot, cover with cool water and set aside.

3. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and water; cook, stirring occasionally and crumbling the sausage more, until the sausage is cooked through, the water has evaporated and the mushrooms are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Squeeze spinach to remove excess water, then stir into the pan; remove from heat.

4. Mix tomatoes with basil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.

5. To assemble lasagna: Spread 1/2 cup of the tomatoes in the prepared baking dish. Arrange a layer of noodles on top, trimming to fit if necessary. Evenly dollop half the ricotta over the noodles. Top with half the sausage mixture, one-third of the remaining tomatoes and one-third of the mozzarella. Continue with another layer of noodles, the remaining ricotta, the remaining sausage, half the remaining tomatoes and half the remaining mozzarella. Top with a third layer of noodles and the remaining tomatoes.

6. Cover the lasagna with foil and bake until bubbling and heated through, 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on the lasagna. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is just melted but not browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.