Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Designer Trailer Park??

I know I haven't been consistant with the Monday and Tuesday posts, but I am having some HUGE writers block on those days. I was lucky to have gotten Monday out. If I can come up with something without taring my hair out you will get a double post some time this week. Alright so now lets get to your Mid Week Blues post!

Yep its Wednesday again, to me this is the hardest day of the week. Everything that I haven't gotten done that week slaps me in the face on Wednesday, then everything I need to get done on Thursday and Friday is like "Yep I'm Still Here!" I need to learn how to delegate my time better :-\. But the important stuff does get done like my orders and answering peoples emails, so as long as I have those done I guess my week is complete. The rest is just extra. While I was looking through every website I could find and read every article I saw for Tuesdays post, I came across this lovely.


There is a hotel in Cape Town, South Africa called "The Grand Daddy". It has all the normal things a grand hotel would have, a restaurant, bar, hotel rooms, suites, and a penthouse all with terrific style. The unique part is that its penthouse is surrounded by the rooftop trailer park! Yup you heard right this hotel has its own trailer park. Each has its own style, designed by local artists.


The Afro-Funk


Dorothy



The Ballad of John and Yoko




Goldilocks and the 3 Bears




Pleasentville




Love of Lace



....and because I adore jellyfish my favorite......


Earthcote Moontides




Other then these, they also have sitting areas, a bar, and a movie theater showing older movies all right there on the roof. In the height of the season you can expect to spend 1250 Rand which is $199 per night. In the off season about $129.


____________________________________________________________________





Ritz Fizz

In a Champagne Flute glass mix:

1/2 oz. Disaronno Amaretto
1/2 oz. De Kuyper Blue Curacao
1/2 oz. Fresh lemon or lime Juice
Top off with Champagne.
Stir together.
Garnish with a rose petal.