Monday, January 25, 2010

Fun Little Home Office....

So like I started to say on Saturday my office is really tiny. Worst part is it is also my closet, the library, the music room, the art room, and where my dogs crate is. This room above is perfect (even though it has much more space then I have) for a random room/office. I would love to redo my office like this. But of course since I am a renter May comes too quickly and that uncertainty if we will be in the same house year after the year is quite frustrating. So I will dream up my perfect room for right now, while helping you all accomplish the look for cheap, and hopefully when May comes around and I find out whats going on I will be able to redo the room also.

What I love most about this room is how many usable surfaces there are. There is the table which looks like it gets used to meet with clients but would also make a good arts and crafts table. The stand in the left corner has a wonderful amount of space to hold your work materials and art stuff. And of course the nice big desk that isn't cluttered underneath (wish I could say that about my desk). Its stationed into whats important, where you do your work, where you meet with clients.

The shadow boxes are cute, if you run a pretty successful business I thought it would be cute to put up a new shadow box each year of what your business accomplished. Or you can put kids and family items in them. The one thing I really don't like is the cramped bench next to the table. Its nice if you meet with a lot of clients but if its something that one or two chairs can accomplish its just useless space.



Club Chairs: Sears
Table: Overstock
Desk: Overstock
Lantern: "The Shop"
Sun Mirror: Stacks and Stacks
Rolling File Cabinet: Target