Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Changes Over The Years....

(2007)
Happy Hump Day! Hope your having a better day, then it is here in VA. Snowed again this morning. I haven't seen this much snow since I lived in NY. But, as I am typing there is a ray of sunlight starting to come through the window behind me, so hopefully the day will get nicer. My mom has a subscription to House Beautiful, and I love perusing it when I visit her. This month they have featured the "70 Years of Blue Rooms". Its incredible how much we have not only progressed but also regressed in styles. Some of the rooms are unbearably hideous and I am not sure how some of the people didn't go crazy being in their "blue" room. Here is a simple timeline of pictures. To see the full thing of 54 pictures go HERE...

(1953)

(1966)


(1970)

(1987)


(1993)

(1997)


(2002)

(2009)

_______________________________________________________________________



Get Your Drink On!


Blue Diablo

Ingredients:

- 1/2 oz (1.5 cl) tequila
- 1/4 oz (3/4 cl) blue curacao
- juice of half lime
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon juice
- carbonated water

Standard drinkware:

Old fashined glass


Okay, okay, okay there is nothing romantic in this post. But you can use the drink recipe for your special night!