Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Romantic Touches..

If you didn't catch yesterdays post, all week I will be talking about romantic ideas because V-Day is just around the corner. For Party Stylzzz I am going to talk about subtle romantic touches that can be used at weddings, v-day, and anniversaries. If your significant other is anything like my husband he will look at you like you are crazy if you decorate the house with paper heart doily garlands, on V-day. I love my husband but he doesn't have a romantic bone in his body, so I really had to dig for pretty, romantic decor that would make me happy and he most likely wouldn't notice.

Great Centerpieces: for your romantic night or for a wedding..
To see where to get the items or how to make them, just click on the picture.

I have one of these bowls my my table and I love it! Its beautiful as every day decor.

But when I want a nice evening for my husband and I, I add some water and floating candles. I know the pictures are horrible my camera hates dark rooms. But you get the idea.



This lovely rose is a good addition to just place strategically around the house or on an event table.




I love this dainty centerpiece! Its even great for everyday use, to add some love into your world. Good for a morning brunch wedding or a girly tea party.



Favors:


Handmade soap that looks like candy hearts. Instead of using those chalky treats on your tables or at your candy bar. Make these instead and hand them out as favors. Add a few to the bathroom for a cute touch.

Having a candy bar? Want to add a little treat to your tables? Give your guests these cones to add their treats to. They could also match the petal cones that you could use for your ceremony. To achieve this take a piece of scrapbook paper and roll diagonally then staple at the top.
(picture from Better Homes and Gardens)


Odds and Ends:
Simple and cheap votive candle holders Add some pink, red, and white candies to the bottom for a fun look and place them all around the house or party hall. For an elegant look add rose petals instead.
(picture from Better Homes and Gardens)

For a pretty wrapping for your favors or for any gift try this DIY wrapping paper out.